Monday 16 February 2009

Desperately looking for someone...

From London with love I say, but the more I look around, the more I see lonely loveless people desperately looking for someone...

I should say that this probably includes myself too...

I had a glance at Gummtree tonight and for research purposes I went on the dating section. I wonder how desperate can you become to start placing ads in a free ads website. Dating sites are more or less private, but on such a website anyone can waste some time checking out ads (that's exactly what I did too) and possibly having a laugh or who knows becoming thoughtful about how many people out there are looking for someone...

I have tried internet dating too and must say it didn't work. The problem is that nothing is working anymore. People are just so busy lying to themselves that love doesn't exist and that they are perfectly happy with meaningless encounters and empty hearts or they are simply too desperate to find someone that they miss out on everything.

I am aware that I have no clue what I am doing and where I am going and as long as I can look forward to something I know I'll be allright, I can go through life with a smile on my face. However, when I realize that all potentialities eventually become dead ends I start wondering whether one day I won't become as hopeless as to place an ad on Gumtree...

No comments:

Post a Comment