Sunday 8 February 2009

Where is the Love?

I wonder what happened to Love nowadays?... Where is it hiding?... What happened to that feeling of excitement at the sight of the loved one, what happened to looking forward to something, what happened to doing things together and taking a walk in the park and all those silly things that lovers do? What happened to us? Why are we such in a hurry for excitement and forget that love can be one of the most rewarding things in life and possibly the answer to all big human questions?...

I admit I am a hopeless fan of Jane Austen's love stories, I admire the games between lovers, and the teasing, and the witty remarks, and the long country side walks, and the soirees, and the big dresses and the blushing and the long awaited kisses and all that which today is being laughed at by modern age "lovers"! I am hopelessly in love with Mr. Darcy and probably in my subconscious I am expecting to find him and fall in love with him in real life as well.

What made me think about Love today? Well, many things...This week I received an offer to become someone's "sex buddy" (a difficult offer to reject as the man who proposed it is a charming, successful, well manered, well travelled, cultured one), a friend wants to spoil our friendship by introducing sex into the equasion and someone else has honorable intentions, but I don't find anything in common with and on top of everything I find my "special friend" quite unchallenging lately. I certainly can't complain that my social life is a boring one, however, I am wondering what is the point of all that? What is the point of sexual experiment when Love alone can bring far more excitement in someone's life than the most successful sexual experience can? Gazing at the stars together or holding hands can make me shiver more than a million lovers would.

I think I am going to say no to all that. I am afraid I am still looking for Love, wherever it is that it's hiding...

No comments:

Post a Comment