Wednesday 23 September 2009

Reality is...

...that life is a matter of perception. Perceiving life through different angles comes from where you're standing. I'm standing pretty comfortable at the moment and that shows in most aspects of my present life.

It's as simple as that. Call me old fashioned but I am trying to thank God every day for what I have and make the most of it as if there's an expiry date on good fortune. As if if I don't eat the whole cake now, I will regret later. It's like the times when you wished you had enjoyed a kiss longer, or absorb more sunshine before the sun was gone, or speak more often to your parents, live more and sleep less...

These days I feel I don't make lot of sense. Maybe because it's all so intense that I can't really describe it.

I also noticed that, though I don't rejoice on other people' misfortune, it makes me be more grateful for what I have. I now realized what Camus meant by "pain is spiritual food". I wonder if pain gets the worst out of people. I suppose it does. It's usually good fortune that makes you go out and reach other people, trying to help and spread the positive will.

Reality is that we have no power over things. We can be fortune's fool anytime. Roles are changing, cards are played, people are never the same, there are lessons to be learned. I hope I have learned mine. Reality is... do I really know?

No comments:

Post a Comment