Monday 19 January 2009

I went to this house party on Saturday. The kind of semi-civilized party where people don't really mingle and smile politley when you pass them by. I was though talking to a guy, I believe his name was Chris, and he told me he was a pharmacist but his real passion was film-making and dreamt of making a movie in Hitchcok style. I felt encouraged to tell him that I work in marketing, but my real career is writing. To my surprise, he took it seriously and introduced me to a girl as being a writer and she didn't act surprised.
I suppose that it takes a bit to get used to who you are. I had never dared before to even talk about the fact that I enjoy writing and I strongly feel that as soon as you start talking about it, you set some kind of energies in motion and things start happening. I am receiving now encouragments from friends after admitting that this is what I want to do and to my surprise, my mother said she was really happy with my decision and regreted not having encouraged me before in pursuing a literary career.

No comments:

Post a Comment