Monday 11 February 2013

Hello love!

source: express.com



Yes, there is definitely a whole new kind of energy this year. An energy that's so positive and prolific, I'm amazed of such power. It's like I've been handed a magic wand which I've got to be really careful how I use before I turn somebody into Skittles,  should I play around with it carelessly.

Some of you may remember that I pledged to write a dating book last year. This year, that feeble and fun idea which came about during an evening out over a glass of wine, is slowly but surely becoming an actual project.

I have a few people on board who are willing and happy to be part of it. I'm reading a lot of books (from philosophy and psychology to 'scientific' papers such as 'How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!'), brushing up my dating shoes, polishing up my online dating profile, going to workshops and speed dating events, totally immersing myself in the world of dating, in the hope that I'll find something real and relevant to share with the world. And the more I get involved, the more I realise how rich the body of knowledge is. It looks like this will take a lot longer than I initially estimated....

I am planning for a 2013 delivery, but I'm afraid it's not going to be April. More likely the finalisation of the research will come about towards the end of the year, as a minimum of 6 months of experimenting and documenting is probably required. So, if this is something you are eagerly awaiting, pretty please, bear with me. Needless to say, I will need all the help I can get so if you've discovered an interesting article or a book which may be useful, or you'd like to be part of the research, drop me a line.


Source:guardian.co.uk
The funny thing is that I used to believe love was some random accident that will just 'happen' to you (if you're lucky) and stay with you (if you're even luckier!). I've spent countless anxious moments fretting over 'when will I be dumped'. I've spent all my energy trying to convince the opposite sex I was worthy of attention, missing out in the process the fact that I am extraordinary and I do deserve an extraordinary relationship.  But since I've concocted this project and started researching it, I am starting to believe that, like with anything else in life, finding love is a matter of attitude. It's something you deliberately open yourself up to and fully attract in your life. Whether that's going to happen, we'll see in the course of the next few months, but in the meantime, 'Hello, Love! It's time for us to go on a ride!'





No comments:

Post a Comment