Wednesday 16 May 2012

Follow your dreams

When it comes to dreams, there should be no right or wrong.

As some of you know, I did a charity trekking last year in Ethiopia, raising money for Transaid, a London based small charity running vital projects in many countries in Africa. This was only possible because I raised £3,000 pounds. All from donations from people I know, friends, relatives, work colleagues, people I’ve just met. People who made it possible. And if it wasn’t for these people, I wouldn’t have trekked the Simien Mountains, I wouldn’t have contributed to life saving projects and I probably would not have been inspired. I am a lucky person for having had such an amazing support from the people in my life, but  if the help came from a different source, I would not have hesitated in accepting it.

And here I am now, reading about the ‘Experience of a lifetime’ project of Reckitt Benckiser, and thinking this is worth sharing. Because it is time for INSPIRE and if five people have been voted to embark on the adventure of their lives and raise money for Save the Children charity, then this is INSPIRING. The first one, Khaled, 32, from Algeria, has started his adventures and when he’s back from Peru (he chose to do the famous Inca trail to Machu Picchu and who can blame him?) I am hoping to be able to contact him and get him to share a few thoughts with us. Perhaps a few inspiring words to make us look for our own opportunities to make our own dreams come true. There’s nothing wrong with wining a competition, if that’s what it takes to get inspired.



When I wrote about the experience of my own trek, I ended the post like so: ‘I knew I was never going to be same after this. I knew I wanted to do even more... As much as I could...’

And hopefully I am doing this now, with my INSPIRE campaign and, along with that, by having the satisfaction of knowing I am helping to raise money for Save the Children.

If you want to contribute too, go on to Experience of a Lifetime website and help raise money for Save the Children too. You’ll see how J

Stay inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julianna,

    Have you taken a picture of yourself jumping in mid-air? :)

    Regards.
    Khaled

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I did, you saw me doing it, didn't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete