Sunday 31 January 2010

You never know what's around the corner...

Or so they say.

I have noticed that most achievements of my life have been preceded by long periods of waiting for something good to happen. I don't remember having at least one spur of the moment thing such as: winning the lottery (it's true that I don't play the lottery but let's say somebody else plays for me and I win :), encountering love at first sight, getting the perfect job after just one CV sent etc. Now that I think about it, it looks like most people's lives. Yes, people, life is like that! You have to wait a very long time for it to happen!

However, once in a while there are stories of people that reach my ears and I am perplexed by how fast things are moving for some people. I am 30 and don't really feel that I am running out of time, but I feel I am running out of things that I enjoy doing... I guess my life needs an upgrade, a major change to bring me back into the "awake" mode. I felt like that when I started my new job last year. Now I just feel "sleepy"... And I can't just blame it on the weather.

Well, so far, what's around the corner is this: a ski trip, a trip to Thailand, a long week-end in Istanbul, 2 weddings this year (soon I may become a professional wedding guest) and hopefully many other things that I can only dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment