Thursday 23 July 2009

On a different page

Just read Douglas Coupland's "All Families Are Psychotic" and it's a great read. It's like a Tarantino film on paper. So American and dynamic. Kept me reading and going, full of advetures and twists, funny and reliably crazy. However, I wouldn't really call it mindblowing literature. I suppose it would be a good movie if Tarantino directed it.

What truly shocks me though is the below:

"On Thursday afternoon, Katie (Price aka Jordan) was launching her novel Sapphire at London store Selfridges.

She said: "It's my 32nd book I've got out, so I'm really proud. It's a good read, a good summer read like all my others."... "I've got a style book coming out in October and even if you can't read it's a good book, it's got lots of pictures."

Her 32nd book??? When the hell did this happen?... And I can't bring myself around to write a stupid short story thinking it wouldn't be good enough. What the hell! There must be enough "idiots" out there to read my stuff if Jordan's books are good summer reads!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know Jordan has any books published.

    I really enjoy reading your blog though, I had a taste of it few years back and i was very happy to find you on facebook and get hold of your blog. Keep writing, I bet you will can have a book published if you put your mind to it!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete