Tuesday 28 July 2009

Cleaning up my act

I've said it before and will keep repeating it until it gets stuck to my brain for good: approaching 30 is a joy and not a tragedy.

The truth is I am observing changes within myself and this is a great thing. Firstly, I am quitting smoking (well not completely, I am still a social smoker but managed a few good whole days without smoking at all), reducing the amounts of alcohol I bring into my body (perhaps not the daily recommended dose, but at least reducing when I can help it and drinking strictly when I go out), getting myself involved in all sorts of fun activities (tomorrow I go disco roller blading and sunday indoor climbing) and not getting impressed by someone being a gentleman because this is how they should be!!

Honestly, I had to find that out because of my age and even if I will have to spend my whole life looking for the perfect gentleman Spanish Speaking Irishman (lol!) I am not going to tolerate anymore the lack of manners and also not be so impressed by a man just doing his job.

The only thing that confuses me is how come I haven't seen this before? All this was in front of my eyes, at my reach and I wasn't able to see. I wasn't able to see that I can go on living without smoking, heavily drinking and tolerating men with no manners. I have finally cleaned up my act and I congratulate myself for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment