Friday 14 December 2012

My week in words

Source: http://eunichick.tumblr.com/

It may be the imminence of my trip to Vietnam or my forgotten gypsy soul knocking at the doors of my rational incarnation of self which works in an office, delivers projects to clients on time and leads a respectful and uneventful civilised life, that made me stumble upon references to travelling this week.

I haven't travelled in a long time and I feel the world is calling out for me. I feel like Ulysses imprisoned by Circe and smothered with love by the too familiar. My soul wants to drink the 'poison' of strange worlds. So I kept pinning things like that on my Pinterest Inspiration wall the whole week:












Source: quote22.com via Iulia on Pinterest













Or in the words of David Mitchell in 'Cloud Atlas' (the only book I've been managing to steal reads from this week during my daily commute)...


“...there ain't no journey what don't change you some.”
“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”   

I'm ready now...

No comments:

Post a Comment