Monday 3 December 2012

Just get on with it!

Source: stevensonfinancialmarketing.wordpress.com


Life keeps serving me lessons these days. They sort of come by hand fulls lately, which is pretty amazing. I'm like: 'Wow, another week, another lesson? I can hardly keep up with it anymore.' It feels like I've been stuck in an evolutionary-less pit all these past years and I've suddenly been rescued out of it, so all the lessons I was supposed to learn until now started to come at me at once. Like I've won the jackpot and the coins are all cascading noisily from life's fruit machine, like I've just been to the Life Vegas and finally landed a winning hand.

Honestly, I don't know what was about 2012, but it's opened a new portal in my life, things are happening to me with the speed of light. They say every cell in our body gets renewed every 7 years, I think I've just about renewed every atom of my soul in the last 7 days. And I can't wait to see what happens next, I'm taking myself on a new adventure every day and I'm loving every minute.

I notice how I'm letting go of patterns of behaviour and compare the results with the past and I must say I'm pretty pleased. It's quite nice to challenge yourself and see a different outcome, it's like playing, it's fun!

The lesson I've learnt last week is very simple. It's about just getting on with things! Without complaining. I used to be one of those people who got annoyed when things got a bit messy, mainly out of habit. I hate mess, it really messes with my head. And when things are messy, I sulk, I get annoyed with the mess maker (whether is a project at work or a sock lying around in the kitchen) and place a mental blame on the person who upset the status quo. I almost felt the same when I was handed a project at work without much a do and with very tight deadlines and full responsibility. But rather than allowing my traditional reaction to the situation to take its course, I decided l could either get annoyed and not resolve anything or just get on with it. And I did just get on with it. And it felt good! It opened up a whole new world of possibilities and made me realise that placing blame doesn't really do anything but feed your ego who always wants to be right. However, doing instead of sulking and complaining is liberating and shuts the ego up! So I learnt the lesson of just getting on with things. And stop wanting to be right. Being right means somebody else has to be wrong. And that doesn't help anyone. Especially myself.

So I'm really amazed by how things unfold in front of my eyes, because these days I challenge almost everything about myself. Every reaction gets scrutinised and, whenever possible and not too late (hey, I never said I was perfect!), I try a different attitude. And it's amazing. Just getting on with it, you know. It's good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment