Monday 17 December 2012

The year of change

 
 
 
 
2012 has been an incredible year for me... If I were to use one word to define this year then that word would be CHANGE.
 
I have changed in so many ways. I guess a lot of the change has happened naturally as part of the growing up process (I am beyond doubt now a fully grown-up person and ain't nothing I can do about it! - sigh!)  but there has been another kind of change which I willed upon myself. Never before I have been so determined to transform myself. In fact TRANSFORM and BECOME are also good words to illustrate the CHANGE I am talking about. I have diligently worked on myself to BECOME the person I wanted to be. And that's what this year has been all about. About the person I am now.
 
I am a person who makes choices. I am a person who makes things happen. I am a person who understands. I am a person who forgives. I am a person who has something to say. I am a person who won't blame. I am a person who will keep on walking. I am a person who doesn't complain. I am a person who IS and DOES. I am a person who seeks and finds. I am a person who is inspired and inspires.
 
But above all, I am a person who chooses to be happy. Because happiness is not something that comes in a nice wrapping. Happiness is something you earn because you want it bad enough and you work on it every single day. I am that person who won't give up even when the day looks cloudy and grey. There's always sun beneath the clouds. I am the person who sees the sun.

I had a list of plans for 2012 back in January. Some came to fruition (such as keeping up with my exercising regime and completing my first half-marathon, being a better professional, exposing myself to culture more often, taking a language course,  finalising my styling course and website, giving more love to the world, taking a tango taster, taking writing more seriously etc.) while others haven't (I did not complete one single piece of writing, I did not go to Argentina and the USA this year, albeit I am going to Vietnam, so not a bad trade off, I did not just give love and expecting none in return, I kind of wanted to get some too, I did not go surfing and did not do any climbing, but I tried flying trapeze, guess that counts too!), but with so many plans I'd be surprised if I had achieved everything on my list in a meek year's time.
 
But there should always be a level of flexibility when it comes to specific tasks. After all, CHANGE is a matter of attitude.
 
Thank you 2012!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment