Sunday 11 November 2012

Dear diary



Dear diary,

Today I had a great day!

I woke up to a clean flat and a nice cup of coffee lovingly made by my flatmate. I debated whether I should go to the yoga class but decided to go for a run instead, the day was too gorgeous to miss! The wine from last night asked for fresh air as well. I put on my running gear, made sure iPod's charged and stepped outside with a spring in my step. Half way down to Tower Bridge I realised it was going to be swarming with tourists but thought I could use the opportunity to train for dodgeball.

I looked up at the sky a lot and it kind of took my breath away. There's something about the colour of the sky sometimes when it's sunny and there are only a few puffy friendly clouds scattered around. It's baby blue like in Renaissance paintings. Almost like God's been painting the sky to make it more fun but you'll only notice if you look at it with intent. You can feel it's a slightly bit surreal.

I didn't have a plan. The day was too amazing to cut my run short. I also had a Tracker bar in my pocket in case I ran out of energy. I had it at Embankment Bridge. I crossed it and ran on the other side. A very fit runner gave me the same look I gave him. I laughed to myself. Then I crossed the Millennium Bridge back on the South Bank and ran with the sun in my face all the way home. I checked my app and realised I ran 14km without too much of a sweat.

Then I packed my laptop and went to a coffee shop by Tower Bridge. I finished transcribing the interview I've been postponing for weeks and finished my canolo with satisfaction. I opened WIP 2 document and reread a few chapters of my wip novel. I liked what I read. Not meaning to blow my own trumpet but it's pretty good. I wrote about 1000 words until I ran out of battery. I stopped somewhere where my character is bored out of her brains and is considering swimming the English Channel and probably end up eaten by the small sharks she heard swim these waters. Note to self: research required.

I walked all the way home in the crisp evening air feeling pretty damn good. Ready for a week of fascinating research on people with dysphagia? Maybe not so much, but who knows what tomorrow brings? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment