Wednesday 12 September 2012

The women

Source: themightyvoyager.com


The women I'm talking about have nothing more to prove.
They are beautiful, they dress well, they wear high heels with ease, they are cultured, they are intelligent, they have a head for business and a body for sin, they exercise, they run marathons, they give money to charity, they sign petitions for Amnesty International, they like children, they are funny, they watch European cinema, they go to art galleries, they water their plants, they drink mocktails and they sky dive .
It seems like they have it all.

And yet they keep trying.
They run a bit longer, they work a bit harder, they look a bit slimmer, they eat a bit healthier, they read more books, they spend more money, they meet more people and they go to more parties.
But I'll let you all in a little secret: the women I'm talking about are secretly starving.
They're starving for affection.
And when they find it, they don't know what to do with it.
They eat it all up until they choke, they eat it all up until they throw up, they eat it all up until there's nothing left.

Nothing at all, but more targets to achieve, more races to run, more books to read, more places to see, more money to spend...

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am a newcomer to your blog, and can I just say, I find it completely fascinating. It's absolutely beautiful, your words fluid and truthful. I find your blog posts inspiring, and I couldn't agree more on this one. It's a bit scary, but precisely true. It seems a bit empty and boring, to tell the truth, diving into the same routines over and over again. And what with little affection there is to give with all the responsibility and work to do in this world, it's rather sad...I'd like to hope they'd find someone, or some hobby, one day, give them enough affection (or give them enough meaning in the latter), to truly live in this world, to feel complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely words, dear Cat. Really happy you enjoyed reading my blog. It's all about inspiring feelings in people and I am glad it did :) x

    ReplyDelete