Wednesday 2 January 2013

Dreaming of a far away place

I've been dreaming for a while to move somewhere to Asia for a few months and write. There have been doubts about the feasibility of such  plan but the more I stay in Vietnam the more I long for a life in an exotic land.

Guess I'm a bit bored with my life... I desperately long for a change... To live in a place where time is not an issue. In a land where you don't get old. In a land where you can eat fresh fruit off the tree. In a land where you need no moisturizer, no high heels, no designer bags, nothing but an old crumpled T-shirt and  a pair of Havaianas. In a land where West meet East every day of the week. In a land where people don't hold on to the past and where smiling is just a way of living.

Ok, maybe I'm idealizing the life in the far East a little bit, but I long for an adventure. I embarked on the biggest adventure of my life almost ten years ago when I moved to London. Ten years is a long time. It feels like a completed cycle. I grew a lot in ten years in London. But the world is waiting... I may answer its call one day soon...

But in the meantime, I'm having a cold Vietnamese beer in a bar listening to Bossa Nova music, not worrying about tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment