Tuesday 16 December 2008

There and back again

I have a feeling that I am finally living the life I have been longing for all my life.
Funny, it had to when I am almost 30. Guess what, this doesn't scare me anymore!

I remember last year I was full of anguish and had a sense of my-life-is-not-going-anywhere... How big a difference a year makes... I am amazed...

It's Christmas time and I am trying to recall the Christmases I have spent in London. I don't remember the first one, nor the second... I remember the third Christmas when I was working in Marriott Park Lane and it wasn't actually that bad, I could see the skating rink in Hyde Park and it was probably the first time I spent the night in a 5 stars hotel and indulged myself in a long bubble bath. Then I remember the last two Christmases I spent home in Sinaia with family and friends and that was really lovely but then again I wasn't in London... I have a feeling this is going to be the first really nice and proper Christmas I'll spend in London.

New Year will be on the beach in Koh Phagnan. My first New Years Eve in the UK found me at work in Novotel Hammersmith and we had a brief glass of champagne at midnight and then rushed back to work with heavy trays and trolleys. Then I've had an awful New Years Eve in Cardiff at the Millenium Stadium, arguably the worst New Years Eve in my life.

This year I'll turn 29 on te beach in Thailand and I'll look back and think: " I did allright."

My friend had her first fight with her boyfriend and thought it was all over before it even started properly. I urged her to do her best to clear the situation. She was so depressed. I've never seen her like that. I knew it must have been serious by the looks of it. We spent a lot of time talking about the ugly reality of relationships and misleading behaviour, bad luck and imposibility of love. On the back of my mind I was hoping they would make up. I had to believe that love and relationships are still possible. If that happened to her, why would I have been luckier? They made up and yesterday at a friendly Xmas party I met a man that reminded me of Mr Darcy of Pride and Prejudice.

Is it all then just a matter of time?...

No comments:

Post a Comment