Monday 22 December 2008

Random Xmas dinner

Went out with the girls last Thursday for Xmas drinks before everyone went to spend holidays with family. I accidentally met in that place a friend of a friend who we went out with about two months ago. After countless glasses of wine on both sides, he invited us on Sunday at their place for Xmas dinner.
What followed was utterly unexpected. We had a proper English Xmas dinner: chicken (well, usually it's turkey, but chicken was better!), roast vegetables, filling, bacon and sausages, gravy and of course Christmas pudding. We had the best laugh in ages, playing drinking games and drinking a queer alcohol (can't remember the name, but will sureley find it out for everyone) which reminded me with equal vigour of anti-freeze liquid and mouthwash. I almost had a heart attack from the bright pink anti-freeze alcohol, but the best time I've had in ages with English people.
That makes me think about stopping to be judgemental once and for all. I have met so many lovely people lately in so many unsual circumstances that I am starting to believe that the most random ocassions turn out to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment