Monday 22 July 2013

New Half Year's Resolutions

Source: www.helpyourautisticchildblog.com



Today I found out I'm overweight. Yes, that's right, I'm FAT!

I've always been a bit curvaceous and I am comfortable in my own body (maybe a bit too comfortable!) so calling myself fat doesn't scare me at all. In fact it is doing me a world of good.




I'm an active person. I run, I go to boot camp, spinning, yoga etc, I play softball and I feel I have developed a strong body. I eat healthily (most of the time!). And yet I am still overweight. And it's all because of alcohol. I drink beer when I play softball, I drink Pimm's in the park, a glass of wine at friend's barbecue, prosecco with the girls, you name it. I take every single opportunity there is out there to drink alcohol. And it doesn't make me an alcoholic but it makes me fat! That's right, it makes me FAT!

So the question is: what am I going to do about it? Just carry on like nothing's happened because despite being a bit overweight, I actually look pretty normal? Or decide that my health is more important than my social habits?

Maybe it's time that  I re-evaluated my New Year's resolutions. Maybe it's time for my New Half Year's resolutions. Now that's a great concept, I think, and now just the perfect time to re-evaluate the objectives I started out with at the beginning of the year, acknowledging what's been achieved so far and revisiting the goals which have somehow fallen off the radar.

So, here we go, in the Well Done column:
  • Doing Extensive Research for My 'Love' Project
  • Getting a British Citizenship
  • Participating in the LASL Softball Rookie Trials
  • Joining the British Softball Federation Development Team training sessions
  • Writing 30.000 words of my book so far
  • Keeping a daily journal (and a separate gratitude journal)

In the Not So Well Done column:
  • Putting on weight
  • Still smoking (albeit only socially!)
  • Indulging in alcohol consumption
  • Lagging behind on my exercising routine
  • Wasting energy on things I shouldn't
  • Abandoning my TEFL online course due to lack of time
  • Indulging too much on mind wandering instead of getting things done

Well done me for the things on the Well Done column, but now it's time to take the things in the Not So Well Done column a bit more seriously. Starting with exercising and eating. And drinking only at week-ends. I've got less than half a year to lose 5kgs!

What about you? What are your New Half Years's resolutions you're still struggling with? Time to reinforce those goals!

Stay inspired.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment