Monday 15 October 2012

Just be

 


There was a time when I was furiously dating. I was on a mission and I got upset people didn't know what they wanted. Or so I thought. As if I knew what I wanted...
I've been on so many dates I could probably write a book about it. But does it really matter on how many dates you go?
I don't know. I guess it does a little bit. It makes your skin thicker. Think the best thing about going on a lot of bad dates and getting involved with all the wrong people is that you get used to things not working out. So, even if I get really excited about someone, I am ready to take the fall. It's like trying to surf and keep falling off the board. You quite enjoy the ride so keep at it until you finally manage to stand. And how many times you've fallen really doesn't matter. Like I said before, mistakes are good. They make you a better person (or dater).

I'm still dating. Not so much though. It's only when MY life allows it and I'm actually having fun with it. I've been on a date this Friday and when I realised I was more interested in the bartender's cocktail making, I decided to call it quits and went to my friend's gig instead. Where I had a great time! And met some nice people. Because I no longer hold anyone else responsible for how I feel. Because I do dance like nobody's watching (you should see my moves - totally appalling!). Because I do say the silliest things without worrying what people think about me. Because this is how I roll now.
I think I've transcended into something completely new. I'm actually taking my time to get to know people. Whether they are just friends or potential partners, it doesn't really matter. As long as they have something to say. It's about exploring other people, finding out what they're all about and consequently, letting them know what you're all about. Layer by layer.

They say good things happen when you're not looking. I don't think that's true. We're all looking for good things. But perhaps we're not looking for them in the right place. It's all about looking inside ourselves first.


 

2 comments: